Like the whack-a-mole game you just never know when another New Look 6000 will pop up.
Let’s talk about fit. The small ripple across my hips almost disappears when I stand up straight…
See? But for my next make of this pattern I’ll add a little more ease around my hips to get rid of it completely. What doesn’t disappear no matter how much smoothing of standing tall I do is the ‘n’ shaped ripple under my bust. What adjustment do I need to do for this fitting issue please?
The fit in the back is pretty good though. I took out some back neck gape before attaching the zip.
I went all out stash busting for this make: The thread is left over from a Roman blind make a few years ago, the brown wool-mix scratchy stuff and the Chinese brocade I used for lining were in my acquired stash. Scratchy but free fabric meant that I was annoyed but not too cross with myself when this happened…
Overlocker incident No. 1. I’m surprised to have owned the machine for 5 months before the first incident occurred and luckily it only caught the lining not the shell fabric.
Despite my frivolity for the final photograph, I’m not completely happy with this dress yet… and so not done with the pattern either!