I don’t consider my stash to be huge (perhaps through denial) but it is starting to overwhelm me. My stash is comprised of someone else’s lifetime stash and fabric I purchased for the fabric-gasam. I’ve learnt that buying fabric doesn’t equate to time to sew it and that I’d like to be more reactive to newly released patterns and fashion trends. So, when I read that Andrea of Stitch Parade and Gail of Today’s Agenda launched Stash Diet 2014 I felt compelled to join them.
Stash fabric height: 90cm
Stash fabric weight: 23.5kg
Scrap fabric weight: 1.3kg
Total stash weight: 24.8kg
Fabric-pattern matched projects: 8 with pattern already owned, 5 with pattern purchase required.
Five self-imposed rules:
1. Lose 12.4kg (50%) of fabric by the end of 2014.
2. Sew fabric-pattern matched garments (all 13!) before any new fabric purchases.
3. Quarterly weigh ins and pattern matching.
4. Use stashed notions as a priority over purchasing new where possible.
5. Regular stash delve makes to use up scraps.
Are you joining this challenge or anything similar this year? Any tips for me to stay on the straight and narrow?