Please join me in my first sew-along to sew a lined vent!
You could make a sample with some fabric scraps or a dress or a skirt. You don’t even need to have a pattern… I’ll be providing a free downloadable pattern and explaining how to add a vent to a pattern that doesn’t have one.
Starting on Saturday 1st March I’ll be posting a comprehensive guide to drafting and sewing a lined vent. To make this sew along as approachable as possible, I’ve broken the process down into bite-size sections which I’ll be posting every other day. I’ll try to answer any questions you might have at each stage.
1. Lined vent sew-along announcement – that’s this one.
2. Preparation and cutting (free vent pattern to download and how to add a vent to an existing pattern) – Saturday 1st March
3. Sewing the shell vent – Monday 3rd March
4. Drafting the lining – Wednesday 5th March
5. Sewing the lining – Friday 7th March
6. Order of construction – Sunday 9th March
7. Sewing the lining to the shell – Tuesday 11th March
8. Mitred corner hem for lined vents – Thursday 13th March
So will you join me?
Would a button help you to say yes?
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.clippedcurves.wordpress.com" title="Clipped Curves"><img src="https://clippedcurves.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/lined-vent-button1.jpg" alt="Clipped Curves" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For the sew-along, Clipped Curves is joining forces with Spread Your Wings and Craft… so it’s going to be a sew-along party!