When I found this fabric amongst my acquired stash, I thought it might be a Liberty of London print. A quick search of the internet revealed that the print I recognised is called Wiltshire from the Liberty Art Fabrics Collection. I enjoyed reading about the history of Liberty fabrics and learnt that the berry and leaf print was first designed in 1933 and redesigned by Tana in 1968. However, I can’t find this particular colourway anywhere (navy background, reddish-pink berries and blue-lilac leaves)… it’s somewhat of a mystery. I have two theories: rare or a copy.
Regardless, I was excited to have it available for my use and thought it’d make a beautiful Sorbetto blouse, a free pattern available from the Coletterie. Using my amended pattern pieces, I carefully cut out the mysterious leaf and berries fabric.
Following on with the lemon Sorbetto toile, I rehearsed bias binding attachment using the facing method described in a Coletterie Tutorial. It worked a treat and my stitching came out really neatly (just seen in the below image).
I’m really proud of the finished blouse. I took my time with cutting, sewing and pressing which paid off. As you can see, I’ve already started accessorising which means it’ll be quickly integrated into my wardrobe.